OMG!! Citrus and Chia Seed Water + benefits
Citrus and Chia Seed Water + benefits: My new favorite refreshment… ch-ch-ch-chia and citrus. I’ll just be blunt and say that this drink is probably not for everyone. The texture of the chia is weird for some, so be warned. It was a little weird at first, but I got past it quickly… especially after looking into some of the reported benefits of chia. We already know that lemon and water is a killer health combo, but the chia is the real boost here.
First, some reported benefits:
- In just 2 tbs of chia seeds, there is 11 grams of fiber
- Decent source of protein for such a small seed (about 4 grams in 2 tbs)
- Loaded with antioxidants, which can help fight free radicals in the body
- Seeds absorb water and expand in the stomach, helping to keep you full (which may help with weight loss)
- High in omega-3 fatty acids
- In the past, Aztecs and Mayans used chia seeds to fuel performance (more about corresponding study here)
- Can help regulate insulin levels
Sounds good, right? Okay, so all you need to do is…
Add 1 tbs of chia to 1-2 cups of water (more or less, your preference). Slice up your lime and lemon, toss in and shake it up. Oh yeah, I use a mason jar for easy shaking, but you can stir away if need be.
Oh, and one more thing… chia loves to get stuck in your teeth. So you may want to keep an eye out if you’re about to head into a meeting at work 😉
Let me know what you think about Citrus and Chia Seed Water + benefits!
TO CONTINUE READING THIS ARTICLE, CLICK NEXT PAGE.