This dessert contains tangy pineapples topped with a buttery yellow cake crust. Excellent served with vanilla ice cream or real whipped cream. Easy to make.
- 2 cans (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits in juice or use crushed pineapples in juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice From one lemon.
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cold Do not use margarine. See recipe notes.
- vanilla ice cream or real whipped cream optional
TO CONTINUE READING THIS ARTICLE, CLICK NEXT PAGE.