Cheddar Horseradish Cheese Football: With football season right around the corner, it’s time to start planning what to make for your fall party appetizers. It just doesn’t get any cuter than this football-shaped cheese ball! In the South, we love our football-themed treats, and this cheese ball is just as delicious as it is adorable.
Complete with sharp Cheddar cheese, spicy horseradish, toasted walnuts, and flavorful hot sauce, this dish is sure to keep everyone coming back for more. After all, there’s nothing better than enjoying tasty cuisine while cheering your team on to victory! Fresh mozzarella cheese doubles as the laces on the football, and simply placing the mixture in a football cake mold creates the perfect shape.
Serve it with any of your favorite crudités like celery, carrot sticks, bell peppers, and crackers. This Cheddar-Horseradish Cheese Football is going to be your new pre-game party, tailgate, or autumn potluck favorite. Trust us.
- 2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- ½ (16-oz.) package fresh mozzarella cheese (log-shaped is best)
- Water crackers
- Celery and carrot sticks, bell peppers
TO CONTINUE READING THIS ARTICLE, CLICK NEXT PAGE.