Rolled Flank Steak
Bruce Aidells, a cookbook author and the owner of Aidells Sausage Company, likes this recipe (Rolled Flank Steak) because it looks hard to make but isn’t. And it’s great for all seasons. In the summer Aidells grills the steak in a kettle barbecue and in the winter he roasts it in the oven.
- 1 cup coarse dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian Fontina cheese (3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted and chopped (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (3/4 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme
- One 2-pound flank steak
- 5 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
TO CONTINUE READING THIS ARTICLE, CLICK NEXT PAGE.