Shepherd’s pie is a delicious casserole traditionally made with ground lamb. Many people make this recipe with ground beef however, if you use ground beef it’s actually called Cottage Pie! Either way, it’s a delicious crustless meat pie topped with mashed potato. The recipe can vary widely, but it is usually made with minced meat, cooked with onions, peas, celery, corn or carrots in a gravy.
- 1 pound ground lamb or beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz frozen peas and carrots defrosted
- 10.5 oz can corn drained
- 10 oz can tomato soup or mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
People find this recipe by searching: frozen shepards pie,best frozen shepherd’s pie, velveeta shepherd’s pie
TO CONTINUE READING THIS ARTICLE, CLICK NEXT PAGE.