Stacked Chicken Enchiladas
Stacked Chicken Enchiladas: Making enchiladas the traditional way–filling each tortilla and rolling it up–is a bit of a project for a weeknight. This quicker version brings enchiladas to the table faster with no loss of flavor.
- 12 ounces tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1/2 medium white onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeño chile, halved
- 6 cilantro sprigs plus 1/4 cup loosely packed leaves
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 12 (6 in.) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 pounds raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage (from 1 head)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
TO CONTINUE READING THIS ARTICLE, CLICK NEXT PAGE.