Classic vegan waffles, beautifully golden in color and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Delicious with vegan whipped cream, fresh fruit and syrup.
1 cup oat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup non-dairy milk
2 tbsp maple syrup optional
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp vanilla bean powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
Toppings: coconut whipped cream hemp seeds, maple syrup, more berries
- Combine everything except for the blueberries in a high speed blender. Blend until well combined, but do not over blend. You can alternatively mix eventing together by hand in a mixing bowl.
- Add the blueberries and pulse briefly to mix them in.
- Spray the waffle iron with coconut oil or nonstick spray (even if it says “nonstick” I find they usually stick if you skip this).
- Pour half the batter into a preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturers instructions. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with coconut whipped cream hemp seeds, berries, and maple syrup (or whatever toppings you love) and enjoy!
TO CONTINUE READING THIS ARTICLE, CLICK NEXT PAGE.